Inter Chief Massimo Moratti Ready To Usher In Post-Jose Mourinho Era

Inter Milan forward Diego Milito, left, scores the second goal  during the Champions League final soccer match between Bayern Munich and  Inter Milan

Massimo Moratti has suggested that life without Jose Mourinho is not a cause for concern at Inter.

The ‘Special One’ is expected to quit the club to join Real Madrid after leading the Serie A giants to an unprecedented treble this season.

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia a day after his team were crowned European champions in Madrid, the Nerazzurri President insists that he has come to terms with the Portuguese's decision.

He said: “I had thought there was no such risk, because I know how professional he is.

“Of course, the timing was not the best and we have yet to speak frankly about this.

“I think it’s a decision, a temptation, which stems from the fact that he wants to prove how good he is everywhere in the world.


“I think he is really attracted by this challenge, that’s what really matters for him, even more than money.”

Inter have already begun the search for a new boss and Moratti confirms that former San Siro favourite Sinisa Mihajlovic is in the frame.

“There are two or three men who can manage Inter,” he explained.

“You have already identified them. They all have one thing in common and that’s courage.

“We must find a coach who has a strong personality and one who won’t be Mourinho’s puppet.

“Mihajlovic has character and is respected by his players.

“I also appreciate the man and he has maintained a good relationship with me.

“But it does not mean that this will be my choice, even though I would like to make it, out of sympathy and appreciation [for him]. But, honestly, I have not made a decision yet.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment